I have Masters degrees in Social Work and Counseling. I received my Masters in Social Work (MSW) from the University of Washington in 1979 and my Masters in Counseling (M.Ed.) from the University of Puget sound in 1992. The State of Washington has recognized me with Licenses/Certificates in Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work, Mental Health, and Chemical Dependency treatment (CCDC-1). I am a Certified Social Worker (ACSW) and I also belong to the National Association of Social Workers. I have been practicing Psychotherapy and Life Coaching for 43 years with the last 37 years in private practice.
I am licensed in the state of Washington for:
- Marriage and Family therapy
- Mental Health counseling
- Clinical Social Work: Direct Practice
I am unable to be licensed in California except as a Life Coach.
My areas of expertise include
- Relationship issues (with parents, spouses, co-workers, peers and family members)
- Adolescence issues (although I see very few in individual counseling, I help parents with their teens).
- Anxiety and Depression
- Victims of Abuse (sexual, physical, emotional or personal)
- Chemical Dependency
- Grief and Loss
- Gay and Lesbian issues